Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Eat A Steak!

Once upon a time, not really that long ago, I had a little party.  My good friend Lisa brought a little box of cards with questions printed on them for people to answer and this would be a sort of ice breaker.  The idea was that each person would tell a story to explain their answer to the question which would in effect get conversation going at the party.  The first card pulled asked "If you could write a book what would it be?"  Well, remember I was a vegetarian.

When nobody responded, I decided as the hostess I would start the conversation.  I went on about a book I would write explaining how vegetarians could get protein.  Now, understand, I totally went on and on about this as I though it would be a great book.  And, quite honestly, if I would have wrote that book, it probably could have easily taken up three to four hundred pages.  I know this because I have read some long books that claim the same thing.  And, this book may have actually sold quite a few copies.  But, it wouldn't have been effective for any of the readers.

Now, I dream about writing that same book.  It would have one page and three words, EAT A STEAK! I realize that this book would not sell.  But, it would do a world of good and save your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment