Monday, December 19, 2011

Sibling Rivalry

I have had a blast trying different animals and experimenting with cooking.  While game meat did not deter me, the thought of organs did.  Thinking over and over in my head “why does it matter?  Organ or muscle?”, when you really think about it, they are both pretty disgusting.

My dear friend Paulette suggested we catch a movie and a bite to eat a few weekends ago.  After the movie we grabbed a table at a little French place called La Creperie.  Earlier that week, Paulette had suggested escargot.  Now, the thought of snails grossed me out.  All I could imagine was slime.  But, I knew I needed to try them.  After all, animals eat animals.  They were awesome; to me anyway.  Paulette informed me they are better at other places.  After we ordered wine, the waiter inquired as to whether we would like some pate as it went particularly well with the wine we had selected.  Why not?  Slime and liver!  Bring it on.  And of course, as usual, it was great!

After dinner and quite a bit of wine, we strolled down the street to meet up with my Brother and Sister-in-Law at a neighborhood bar, Jakes.  Ever since my brother, Brian, joined me as a carnivore, we tend to talk about meat and our latest meat eating adventures.  So, I was rather excited and proud to tell him about the dinner I just had.  His response, priceless……”When I was in Germany”, he had just returned from a month in brewing school in Germany, “I sucked marrow out of a bone.”  No shit! That was his exact response. Talk about sibling rivalry! 

2 comments:

  1. "After all, animals eat animals." is a very poor argument
    By way of similarity, I can argue "After all, animals rape animals of the same specie" and you see where that takes you.

    ReplyDelete