Sunday, May 1, 2011

Steak Junkie

Well I haven't been posting much lately so I will try to write more often.  It's week six and not much has changed.  I had another biosig yesterday and lost two pounds.  Zach thinks it was fluid.  He explained that when I started eating meat my body most likely retained more fluid due to sodium.  Now, my body is leveling out so to speak. 

Friday night I met a friend out for dinner at Wildfire.  While I had been there multiple times in my meatless days, this was the first time as a carnivore.  YUM.  OMG, this is what I remember steak tasting like.  I had the three medallion filet mignon, one crusted with mushroom, another parmesan, and the third with a peppercorn sauce.  Of course we had salad and a side of steamed brocolli too.  But the steak was definately the main event.  Must also give a call out to the flourless chocolate cake for dessert, delicious!  I could definately become a steak junkie.

Picked up my weekly chicken breasts from Whole Foods.  They had a new turkey breast loaf thing that they cut slices for you from.  I don't know what you call it but you get the idea.  Lemon rosemary turkey breast slices, I can't stop eating them.  In fact, I just had some for breakfast along with a hard boiled egg and pear slices.

I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge that every now and then I still get a little weirded out about the fact that I am eating something that use to walk around.  I just remember 'you have to take the essence of the animal inside of you' and I get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment